Entertainment

Nozawa onsen
Entertainment
Mona

Nozawa Onsen: Ski And Snowboard in The Best Hot Spring Paradise

In early April, we went to ski for the very first time. We gathered up our courage, brought all our excitement, and drove a bit under 4 hours from Tokyo to the town (technically a village) of Nozawa Onsen (sometimes written as nozawaonsen), in Nagano prefecture, north-west of Tokyo. [toc] NOZAWA ONSEN Nozawa Onsen is

Read More »
Ski and snowboard in Japan
Entertainment
Marcel

All You Need to Know Before Skiing And Snowboarding in Japan

About 27% of Japan is covered by plains and basins. The remaining 73% are covered in mountains. While this is bad news for agriculture, and life in general, for skiing, it means Japan is akin to paradise. Japan is a major destination for skiing and snowboarding, and the quality of its slope can be demonstrated

Read More »
How to Karaoke
Entertainment
Marcel

How to Go to The Karaoke – Japan’s Ultimate Form of Entertainment

While probably everyone in the world knows what karaoke (カラオケ) is, it’s a little known fact that the world famous drunken activity was invented in Japan. In fact, karaoke is a combination of the Japanese word 空 (kara, empty), and orchestra (oke). Karaoke is a major part of Japanese culture and a favorite destination for everyone from teenager on

Read More »